Your Pets Count

pet information that caters to your special friend



December 2023

Your Dog Has Ingested Poison

Wednesday, August 10, 2016
posted by Jim Murphy

dogpoisonWhen your pet swallows poison, you have to decide whether to treat him at home or make a fast trip to the veterinarian. You shouldn’t make this decision on your own.┬áIf he gets off his dog leash while you’re walking him and ingests something dangerous, you may not know unless you actually can see what he ate. If your pet ingests something dangerous, the first thing that you should do is call your vet or the Animal Poison Control center. Tell them what your pet has swallowed, how much and when it happened. They’ll also need to know you pets age, sex and approximate weight. Then follow their instructions to the letter. There’s a chance that they will ask you to induce vomiting in your pet at home using hydrogen peroxide. They might also tell you to go to the veterinarian immediately. If so, hurry, but don’t panic. Take a moment to collect a sample of whatever your pet ate. It may be helpful to the vet. Do not try to administer any pet medication by yourself. You may cause more harm than good.

Remember, your pets count!

Dog beds, dog leashes, collar and thousands of other pet products at The Pet Product Guru Store.

The memories linger on – great memories on Edgewater Gold Radio!

Listen to Edgewater Gold Radio on your desktop or laptop from our website. The Edgewater Internet Radio Network.

Comments are closed.