Your Pets Count

pet information that caters to your special friend

You are currently browsing the The Pet Product Guru blog archives for the day Saturday, June 4th, 2022.



June 2022

Archive for June 4th, 2022

Cats Love Snacks but Are They Good For Them?

Saturday, June 4, 2022
posted by Jim Murphy

I must admit, my cat Millie is spoiled and I should really abide by my own rules regarding giving her snacks. If you give your cat too many treats, they can develop weight problems. Are cat treats good for your cat? Well as with anything we eat, moderation is key.  Cat treats should be a very small part of your cat’s diet. Many experts recommend cat treats make up no more than 10% of the total calories a cat eats. Most treats don’t add anything but calories to a cat’s diet.  The remaining 90% of your cat’s calories should come from a high-quality, nutritionally complete cat food.  You should also look at the labels and make sure that the treat is approved by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO). This group sets pet food manufacturing standards . Now I have to abide by my own rules and cut down on the amount of treats that I feed Millie!

Remember. pets are family!

Enjoy your weekend with the best oldies of all times. It’s a classic oldies weekend with lots of Summer songs on Edgewater Gold Radio, Ask Alexa to “play Edgewater Gold Radio or listen from our website, Edgewater Gold

add comment    Comments Off on Cats Love Snacks but Are They Good For Them?