Your Pets Count

pet information that caters to your special friend

Calendar

December 2017
M T W T F S S
« Nov    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

A SWEET HAZZARD

Tuesday, October 19, 2010
posted by Jim Murphy

dog-flowerAnti freeze, the fluid that makes your car run better in both summer and winter is very dangerous to your pet. Ethylene Glycol is the anti freeze that is commonly used in car radiators and this is extremely toxic to pets. As little as one tablespoon can kill a cat and a couple of ounces can kill a dog.  Animals will  ingest it because it smells and tastes so sweet.  If you have pets, it is vital that you clean up any leaking anti freeze.  If you’re worried that you pet may have ingested some, don’t waste any time. Call your veterinarian or the National Animal Poison Control hot line right away!  Your veterinarian may suggest that you administer hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. Don’t administer any pet medication on your own. This situation is out of your control just get your pet to a vet as soon as you can!!



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.