Your Pets Count

pet information that caters to your special friend

Calendar

September 2017
M T W T F S S
« Aug    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

What To Do If Your Pet Ingests A Poisonous Substance

Monday, October 27, 2014
posted by Jim Murphy

EBOLA PETSWhat can you do to be prepared in the event that your dog or cat eats something poisonous?  If you fear that your pet has ingested something that is poisonous, call your veterinarian or poison control center immediately. It’s a good idea to keep hydrogen peroxide in the house in case your vet advises you to induce vomiting. Don’t administer this or any other pet medication on your own. Wait until you vet tells you how to what to do or call the National Animal Poison Center at 1-888-426-4435. They charge $50.00 per case. The Center will do as many follow up calls that are necessary in critical cases. They will also contact your veterinarian at your request. The center will also provide any treatment protocols via fax when needed. Don’t wait! If you suspect that your pet may have ingested something that is poisonous, you  have no time to lose!

Remember, your pets count!

Great music and a great variety of stations on THE EDGEWATER INTERNET RADIO NETWORK!



Comments are closed.